I recognised that I had to commit fully to doing what I really loved
For as long as I can remember I have had entrepreneurial instincts.
At the age of 10, I started selling guitar lessons to people, at the age of 16 I was running catalogues, importing goods and selling pyramid schemes. I was even an ‘Avon lady’ at some point.
Of course, none of those amounted to much and, after college, I took a safe route into the world of banking and insurance and other blue-chips, such as Motorola, receiving a regular salary and all the benefits, as you would expect. Life was very safe and predictable… and boring!
The truth is, I never really felt satisfied working for someone else
I had this yearning to be free of the restrictive 9 to 5 environment and the predictable salary at the end of each working month. It stifled my creativity and I felt hemmed in and longed to be doing something that really fired my enthusiasm and filled me with excitement each day.
In this crazy, stress-fuelled world of ever-increasing expectations by employers, we get caught up and carried away by the need to fulfil others’ expectations and not our own, for the sake of receiving a good annual salary offering us perceived security.
It’s easily done. We want to do a good job. We want to prove to ourselves too that we can achieve things and let’s face it, it’s a great feeling when we do reach a goal that has been particularly difficult to surmount. It’s satisfying and, for a while, we feel good about life and ourselves, but then the hamster wheel cycle starts again and we get caught up in the same relentless loop.
So, after working ridiculous hours, travelling extensively, doing a job that I really didn’t enjoy, it was inevitable that I would crash… and I did! I was a ticking stress-time-bomb!
I decided that enough was enough and it was time to do what I really wanted in life.
I started training in anything related to the mind and its potential, which really excited me! I trained in various therapeutic disciplines, such as hypnotherapy and NLP and set up my own practice part-time, whilst also running my own Human Resources Consultancy alongside. I figured the consultancy, which I enjoyed aspects of, would support the work I really loved to do whilst it got off the ground.
After a few years of earning a relatively small, but adequate income I still wasn’t satisfied and still didn’t feel fully aligned with my potential. I recognised that I had to commit fully to doing what I really loved and what really fired me with passion.
Eventually, I let go of the consultancy and embraced making a success of my mentoring practice and, since then, I have never looked back as it has gone on to be more and more successful in every way for me.
Finally, I had listened and aligned myself to my creative flow and what brought me joy. Not only have I now had material success and live mortgage-free with a brand new car, but my health has improved significantly and I feel more content in my life, now, than I have ever done. Not only that, but I have a much more peaceful mind and a significant amount of freedom to live my life in the way I want to now!
Now, I am a work in progress like everybody else, so I know there are always deeper layers to shift and I have greater potential to realise, so I am always working on myself and pushing my own boundaries, and I have been able to guide others, so much more effectively, as a result of learning through my own experience, and that is why I refer to myself as more of a mentor.
None of this could have happened without the deep introspection and shifting of my own energy programs and blocks, because if I didn’t align with the potential in my inner world, then I wouldn’t have been able to manifest success and joy in my outer world.
Now, I have never been shy of hard work and, let’s face it, we have to take action to succeed on our chosen vocation in life. After all, success doesn’t just happen to us effortlessly and appear out of nowhere, right?
Well, that’s partly true but actually, when your conscious and subconscious parts of the mind are fully working together and aligned with your purpose and energy, then the action and commitment you put into your work, life or relationships FEELS effortless. Not only that, but opportunities appear out of nowhere, relationships improve significantly and energy flows more easily. Hard work is replaced with play. It no longer feels like an uphill struggle to create the life of your dreams. It just all starts falling into place much more easily, the mind becomes quieter and life becomes more pleasurable and joyful.
You see, it shouldn’t be a long, hard slog. When you are completely aligned with your own creative flair and doing what you love, it’s easy. The enthusiasm comes effortlessly, things fall into place as if by magic and life flows beautifully. You start accepting yourself more at deeper levels and let go of all that old judgement, much of which was never yours in the first place!
Success isn’t just about making lots of money, having a yacht and a flashy sports car.
It’s about feeling the ultimate satisfaction in what you do, experiencing joy and contentment, having great and rewarding relationships with people and living a life that is truly fulfilling and involved. It’s about doing a job you absolutely love so it feels like play to you and you get paid well for it too!
So, I started diligently working on the programming in my subconscious mind and, in particular, the fears, behaviours and beliefs I was running that were holding me back. We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around. Consciousness is an area I have always had huge interest in, having trained and developed as a medium in the mid 90’s. The area of exploring our spirituality and the extraordinary potential we all possess was something which enthralled me and is unlimited by its very nature. We are capable of so much yet we, as human personalities, limit ourselves through our conditioning.
Now I combine all my tools and knowledge together to bring to my clients a unique experience. I am not just a coach. I am not just a mentor. I am not just a teacher. I am not just a healer.
I combine all of these skills with my intuitive ability, together with tools and techniques to bring about change in the individual I work with. How much change they experience is up to their individual programming and circumstances and how willing their subconscious minds are to let go of the old.
However, I can honestly say that those I have worked with long-term, have ALL had areas of their lives change significantly, since working with me. They have stepped into their power more fully, accessed more of their own EXTRAORDINARY potential and have created, for themselves, a way of living that brings them joy and fulfilment.
Qualifications, Training and Memberships
- Master of Arts Degree in Managing Human Resources (strong organisational psychology aspect)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel and Development
- Business and Finance Diploma
- Chartered Full Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) for 18 years (ongoing)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GHR approved) for 15 years (ongoing)
- Certified Advanced Practitioner in Ho’oponopono
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Past Life Regression
- Master Practitioner of Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- Advanced Practitioner of Theta Healing
- Reiki Master Teacher in Usui Reiki
- Practitioner of Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Advanced Professional Stress Management Qualification
- Advanced Practitioner of Spiritual Response Therapy (SRT)
- Various other practitioner courses, including Biomagnetism Pair Therapy, Intrusive Energies, mediumship, intuitive, spiritual healing, tarot courses and other consciousness workshops and conferences, (including training with Dr Joe Dispenza, Dr Bruce Lipton, Inner Engineering course with the Isha Organisation (Sadhguru), Kabbalah courses through kabU), since 1995.
- Ex-Chair of Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapy
- Monthly columnist in the Lifestyle supplement for the Advertiser and Times in New Forest region (Hampshire and Dorset) in UK (approx 100,000 circulation)
- 25 years’ experience in working with clients in an intuitive and therapeutic capacity, as well as mentoring, coaching and teaching
- Balanced, focused, pragmatic and sensible approach – and direct
- Ability to help clients shift limiting programs and beliefs there and then
- A variety of tools and tips to help the client empower themselves
- Ability to access Akashic Records, view other lifetimes lived, converse with Guides and loved ones, as appropriate